This is a blog for sharing art of all kinds. If you're in or around Athens, GA and write poetry, songs, flash fiction, short stories, anything really and want to post, send your stuff to Shannon at shannonmcmorlandfoley@gmail.com or to Scott at lionoftheday@gmail.com. Photography and photographed artwork also welcome! Include a short bio and a pic if you want and any link to a personal website or blog you want to share.

Please be patient while we get things up and running :)

Monday, April 11, 2011

Alternate Life: Monday Morning

Alternate Life: Monday Morning

Train horn awakening
through gauzy white curtains
on humid air.
And your hands
would slide down my thigh
to pull me into your sticky body.
We'd cover each other
in furry teethed kisses.
I'd tiptoe naked to the kitchen
to make coffee for us.
Birds would chirp in the grey light
as I poured milk into our cups.
And you'd tell me how beautiful I am,
that my body tells your story
of how you became a man.
You would drink me in,
your face held over the  steam,
breathing deeply to start the day.
I'd laugh at you looking at me,
with that crazy laugh I have.
and you'd laugh with me.
We'd talk about the day ahead,
your hand would rest on mine,
the contours worn and familiar.
 I'd send you off to the shower
with a smack on your ass.
You'd look back and smile.
We'd both wish you didn't
have to go to work and
I'd wriggle back under the covers,
deep down soul happy
for that Georgia morning train.


Shannon Foley

No comments:

Post a Comment