This is a blog for sharing art of all kinds. If you're in or around Athens, GA and write poetry, songs, flash fiction, short stories, anything really and want to post, send your stuff to Shannon at shannonmcmorlandfoley@gmail.com or to Scott at lionoftheday@gmail.com. Photography and photographed artwork also welcome! Include a short bio and a pic if you want and any link to a personal website or blog you want to share.

Please be patient while we get things up and running :)

Friday, April 8, 2011

I am a Magnet

I am a Magnet

On the road i will find you
the one for my soul
out across the southern trail
up on our hills and under the rail
show me your face and
i will be scared to come too close
come and touch my hand
but careful because i am a magnet
for dark trouble and grand illusions

i got a house for molding
i got love for unfolding
too bad it got buried
but there is a map just dig in for love

can you read this list?
can you lift me up for us?
i need you to heat my heart
maybe it will sprout again
run down to the store and get us some fuel
forget the past of the pain i have ruled
if you can take it away i beg
hire a team of builders and start today
the foundation of trust i lost along the way

Scott Low
http://www.efrenmusic.com/










No comments:

Post a Comment