This is a blog for sharing art of all kinds. If you're in or around Athens, GA and write poetry, songs, flash fiction, short stories, anything really and want to post, send your stuff to Shannon at shannonmcmorlandfoley@gmail.com or to Scott at lionoftheday@gmail.com. Photography and photographed artwork also welcome! Include a short bio and a pic if you want and any link to a personal website or blog you want to share.

Please be patient while we get things up and running :)

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Life Or Death



Do I have more significance in life or death?
Will I be remembered if I die early
or forgotten if I live too long?
If we as a society value life with so much valor
why do we celebrate the ones who are gone?
and neglect the living, the poor, the unseen, ourselves
Television screens and Hollywood dreams do not represent the human spirit
They subtract and subtract until the minds of future generations will become hollow chamber to reverberate the lies of greed and lust; the American dream
But who's to say this isn't already us?
What if I do not wake up?
The question only breeds more
So I am not afraid to die and I know that is selfish,
but is dying not the most selfless of acts?
In a world overpopulated and undereducated
it is a challenge not to become a tool for unnecessary breeding and self-indulgence

I leave this world and am no longer able to carelessly consume its resources.
Can my final words influence those who are stronger and more self-aware than I?
Can they influence and guide to enlightenment. In an undiscriminating light of Christ, Buddha, or Sartre
Not all humans will see tomorrow's sun fall over the horizon.
Infants, teenagers, elderly, strong men and beautiful women; death has no senses.
Enjoy this life, every moment, and those you have to share it with
I was once, but am no longer 

Bradford Allen

No comments:

Post a Comment